Immediate Supervisor: Managing Director
Xias Bio are expert in the design and development of chimeric proteins and the leading provider of multi function active proteins to the cosmetic and personal care industries.
Xias Bio proteins offer unprecedented levels of active functionality to be designed into a single soluble high performance sustainable protein. Our customers include Tier 1 cosmetic brands and global Tier 1 ingredient manufacturers and suppliers to the cosmetic and personal care industries.
As a consequence of rapidly growing demand, the company seeks to appoint a Business Development Manager, reporting directly to the Managing Director, to identify, qualify and close license sales of Xias OTS biomaterials. You will work to identify and develop new channels to existing target markets and research and profile future opportunities. Working in partnership with Xias Bio’s xpert scientists, you will engage with our OEM customers to develop the specifications for new bespoke active proteins to address the functional requirements of brand and ingredient OEM’s, liaising between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
You will serve as a key team member, developing new messaging and marketing processes and leading the development and validation of new sales propositions. You will contribute to the overall strategic direction of the business. A key objective for this position is to work with the management team to build an optimal structure to develop and execute successful strategies for a growing global go-to-market organization.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers to achieving revenue goals
- Help customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in person meetings
- Extensive regional travel is expected
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Responsible for building new client relationships and delivering exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Build new client relationships and deliver exceptional client service on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Xias Bio solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly objectives to internal stakeholders; identify areas of concern and assist in generating solutions
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Enhance the department and organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Monitor and analyze customer’s usage of our product
- Assist and support new client integration
- Liaise between the customer and internal Xias Bio teams
Office Technology Responsibilities:
Familiar with the operation of basic computer programs and associated systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, sales-related reporting systems.
- Familiarity with a variety of Synthetic Biology concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to develop lasting relationships with executives, business leaders and scientists working at both ingredient manufacturers and cosmetic & personal care brands in assigned markets
- The experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Company and personal goals
- Ability to interact positively with clients, internal staff, and Company business partners
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to maximize efficient use of time and resources, individually and for various assignments within the Company
- Excel in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-growth environments
- Self-motivated with a high tolerance for course alteration and a track record of excellence
- Accept personal responsibility for producing results, individually and as a team
- Action oriented, results driven, able to accomplish project objectives to meet or exceed expectations
- Analytical: Comprehend complex or diverse information
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills, timely delivery of information
- Quality Management: Seek ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Judgment: Exhibit sound and accurate judgment in all manner of situations to make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritize and plan work activities, develop realistic action plans
- Safety and Security: Actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures for proper use of equipment and materials
Requisite education, experience, and minimum qualifications for this role:
Bachelor’s Degree in area of relevant specialty
Minimum of three (3) years of sales and or Business Development in Synthetic Biology in a relevant market vertical
Reports to: Managing Director
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
Holidays: 25 days + Glasgow Bank Holidays + Birthday
Benefits: Pension scheme, casual dress, path for career progression
Apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: Glasgow based + global travel
Xias Bio is an equal-opportunity employer.
Strictly no agencies.